Isaiah 55:8-9

"For my thoughts are not your thoughts, neither are your ways my ways, saith the Lord. For as the heavens are higher than the earth, so are my ways higher than your ways, and my thoughts than your thoughts." Isaiah 55:8-9

Wednesday, November 23, 2011

The Lord Loves You

File:Bernhard Plockhorst - Good Shephard.jpg
The Good Shepherd by Bernhard Plockhorst

Taken from: These Are Your Days by Elder Neal A. Maxwell Oct. 2004 Ensign

The Lord Loves You

" Meanwhile, don’t worry if you cannot give glib explanations as to the meaning of all things happening to you or around you. The Lord loves you, His children, just as Nephi wrote (see 1 Ne. 11:17). Spiritual certitude can exist amid distress and perplexity. So many positive and prophetic promises are there to help latter-day disciples to cope.

The Lord said comfortingly, “I am in your midst” (D&C 38:7). “And ye cannot bear all things now; nevertheless, be of good cheer, for I will lead you along. The kingdom is yours and the blessings thereof are yours, and the riches of eternity are yours” (D&C 78:18).

God watches the times and seasons. He knows your individual bearing capacities....

God has transcending capacities: “I am able to do mine own work. … I will show unto the children of men that I am able to do mine own work” (2 Ne. 27:20–21). Is He ever! He not only urges us to trust Him but invites us to “[cast] all your care upon him; for he careth for you” (1 Pet. 5:7)."

1 comment:

Melanie said...

Thank you for these beautiful quotes Sofia! I read the whole article this morning. It was just what I needed today. We had a lovely Thanksgiving with family, but I am missing my mom who passed away last year. Thank you for your work on this blog.