Isaiah 55:8-9

"For my thoughts are not your thoughts, neither are your ways my ways, saith the Lord. For as the heavens are higher than the earth, so are my ways higher than your ways, and my thoughts than your thoughts." Isaiah 55:8-9

Tuesday, November 23, 2010

The Gateway We Call Death

The Gateway We Call Death

This was the most helpful book I ever read when it came to the subject of death. Amazon.com has it used as low as $1.21 currently.

It was filled with insight, wisdom and the spirit is felt strongly when read because this is an Apostle of the Lord speaking.

"Each of us is well known to the Lord...As one of the "special witnesses of the name of Christ in all the world" (D&C 107:23), I testify that he lives! I also testify that the veil of death is thin. I know by experiences too sacred to print that those who have gone before are not strangers to leaders of the Church. To us and to you, our loved ones may be just as close as the room nearby, separated only by the gateway to immortality and eternal life. Together we are soothed by the caress of our Savior's love. "Peace I leave with you," he said. "My peace I give unto you: not as the world giveth, give I unto you. Let not your heart be troubled, neither let it be afraid." (John 14:27) He promised: "I will not leave you comfortless." (John 14:18)"
From the above mentioned book pg.110

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

I just wanted to thank you so very much. You truly are an instrument in the Lords hands.

Sofia's Primary Ideas said...

Thank you very much... Your words are too kind.